Monday, December 6, 2010

soil press at square pad diagonal

I have a situation where a square footing can be loaded at 45 degrees to the axis.  I was just sitting down to work out the equation to calculate the footing pressure when the resultant is just outside of the kern.  At first glance it looked like the algebra was going to take a bit of time.  I don’t have a reference that provides this.  I certainly can do it, just thought I would ask if there is a reference someone can give or possibly a copy of pages from a reference or if they just have the equations handy.  It would save me some time this week.  Of course the way work is nowadays, I can’t really say I don’t have the time.

 

Thanks,

Joe

 

Joseph R. Grill, PE

Verde Valley Engineering, PLLC

email: VVEng@cableone.net

 

No comments:

Post a Comment