Thursday, October 28, 2010

Re: shell stability

Steve,

I don't know if this reference meets your ideas of practical, but I used
David P. Billington's book Thin Shell Concrete Structures in Grad
school and really liked it.  I thought that the book gave me the theory
and then reduced the concepts to the more practical.

The fifth chapter is on the Analysis of Circular Cylindrical Shells, and
5-5 is on the Solution of The Shallow-Shell Equations.

I hope that helps.

Take Care,
Lloyd Pack

On 27 Oct 2010 at 13:50, Steve Gordin wrote:

>
> Good afternoon,
>
> I am looking for a source of Practical analysis of a
>
> Shallow - Thin - Cylindrical Shell/panel
> under
> Uniform Radial Compression.
>
> The books I have on the subject turn to be of mostly academic value.
>
> Can anyone point me in a right direction?
>
> TIA,
> --
> Steve Gordin SE
>
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment